Build your seated posture from the ground up.
1. Foot/Ankle Position:
- YES – Feet flat on the ground or resting on a foot rest.
- NO – Ankles crossed. Feet up on the leg of the chair.
2. Pelvis Position:
- YES – Hips back in the chair as far as possible. Equal weight on each sit bone. Hips at 90 degrees.
- NO – Cross your legs. Lean to one side.
3. Back Position:
- YES – Utilize a back rest. Keep your upper back upright and shoulders relaxed.
- NO – Sit unsupported. Round your spine.
4. Arm/Wrist Position:
- YES – Support your forearms. Elbows at 90 degrees. Wrists are neutral.
- NO – Elbows flexed >90. Wrists flexed or extended.
5. Head/Neck Position:
- YES – Eyes are level with midpoint of the monitor positioned 20 in away. Maintain ears in line with shoulders (not forward).
- NO – Don’t position monitor down, up, or to the side.
6. Remember to Move!
- YES – Set an alarm to get up every 45 minutes. Stay well hydrated so you must get up and walk to the bathroom periodically.
- NO – Sit for a prolonged period even in the “perfect posture”.
At Alpine Fit we offer work-from-anywhere ergonomic assessments online or in-person to help you get out of pain and start feeling better fast. Curious to know more? Let’s Talk.